Saint-Bonnet church - ©S.BUGNON
Saint-Bonnet church
Saint-Bonnet church
Saint-Bonnet church

Historic site and monument in Jaujac, Ardèche

The current church of Jaujac was built in 1848-1852. It has basket-handle vaults, paintings in the choir, three gilded wooden statues and an organ with 23 instruments installed in 1970. There are many concerts in this church.

The first church of Jaujac in southern Ardèche was acquired by the chapter Viviers in 1255. It was in 1275 that it was under the protection of Saint Bonnet.
Destroyed by the Huguenots during the wars of religion it was rebuilt twice.
The present church was built from 1848 to 1852 in a neo-classical style and of dimensions that seem imposing for the present population; in the 19th century Jaujac had more than 2,800 inhabitants.
The troubles of the religious building are not finished. The bell tower collapses in 1897. Rebuilt it will be weakened again in 1963 following the fall of an English plane crashing on the district of the post office.

  • Car park
  • Parking
  • Pets accepted: No
  • Pets allowed (supplementary payment): Unknown
  • Accessible for wheelchairs with assistance

Saint-Bonnet church

Rue du Trible
07380 Jaujac

Directions to this location : Google Maps Apple Maps Waze