Opening : From 10/01 to 31/01/2024.
Closed Monday and Tuesday.
From 01/02 to 31/03/2024, daily.
From January 10 to March 31, 2023, discover the cave differently with guided tours by torchlight! Follow in the footsteps of our Paleolithic ancestors and encounter humanity's 1st major masterpiece from a new perspective !
In the footsteps of Cro-Magnon, enjoy an immersive visit full of emotion: the movement and colours of flickering flames set humanity's first great masterpiece into motion in a breathtaking underground landscape! In the light of a torch, the artwork comes to life as the shadows play with the relief of the walls. The power of the artists' mastery and the mystery of the setting are increased tenfold. Their presence seems almost real!
Accompanied by one of our guides equipped with a torch, the works will appear as you make your way through the cave. The unique torch prototype guarantees an experience as close as possible to that of our ancestors, while avoiding the discomfort of smoke. This visit will allow you to understand how our prehistoric ancestors used fire as a light source, and its impact on parietal art!
The torchlit visit format is applicable to all visits during this period.
Free entry for children < 10 years.
- Bank/credit card
- Carte M'ra
- Chèques Vacances
- Pets accepted: No
- Pets allowed (supplementary payment): Unknown
- Accessible for self-propelled wheelchairs
- Even flooring with no obstacles
- Absence of protrusions > 2 cm
- Minimum aisle width of 90 cm
- Reception desk between 70-80 cm high
- WC + grab handle + adequate space to move
- Site, building totally accessible
- Visual alarm with flash light
- Magnetic loop available at the reception
- Presence of pictograms and / or simplified visuals
- Relief map, tactile model or audio device description available at the reception
- Reception staff sensitized to the reception of people with disabilities