Nordic stay : bivouac/igloo in the Monts d'Ardèche
Massif Central Randonnées
Massif Central Randonnées, Pré Lafont
Opening : From 01/12 to 31/03.
Test the adventure in the heart of the snowy mountains of Ardèche (at + 1200m altitude) on 2 days with snowshoes with an unusual night in bivouac (igloo or heated tipi). Hike not very difficult (between 10 and 14km). To be expected: walking shoes, drink.
This program is for information only; it can be modified by your guide to adapt to the group, weather and snow conditions.
EQUIPMENT TO BE PROVIDED
For the hike
- Backpack 45 to 60 litres
- Waterproof hiking boots suitable for snowshoeing
- Gore-tex type jacket with hood
- Waterproof pants or overalls
- Fleece jacket
- 2 pairs of gloves
- Lip and skin protection
- A pair of gaiters
- A sleeping bag with minimum comfort temperature -10 to -5°C (additional blankets provided)
- Self-inflating mattress or cot in cover
- Plate or bowl, cutlery, cup
- Headlamp with spare batteries (avoid rechargeable batteries that drain quickly with cold)
- Warm underwear for the night
- 1 candle
For your needs during hiking
- Biodegradable toilet paper
- Biodegradable soap or cleansing gel
Small personal pharmacy (not to be confused with a field hospital):
- Analgesic (aspirin, Doliprane), vitamin C, elastoplast, adhesive dressings, double skin (Compeed), Quies balls
- Your personal medication...
A collective pharmacy is provided for the group.
- 1 survival coverage per participant
Option: 65 to 80 € (Extra night in ½ board before or after the stay in lodging (65 € per person) at or hotel nearby: 80 € per person).
From 4 to 8 people. from 12 years. Group of individuals. Group of 4 people, departure date at your convenience.
- Extra night in ½ board before or after the stay in lodging (65 € per person at or hotel nearby: 80 € per person
- Snowshoe rental: 22€ per person
- Transfer to/from Aubenas bus station - Pré du Bois 109€ per person
- Cancellation insurance: 20€ per person.
- Booking obligatory